For Appointments Call (318) 212-6270 or
Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery

Robotic Sleeve Gastrectomy

In this procedure, which Dr. Brakata performs robotically, 80 percent of the stomach is remove, leaving only the remaining 20%, which is a small pouch about the size and shape of a banana.

How It Works

Because the remaining smaller stomach hold less volume of food than a normal stomach, it limits the amount of food and calories you can consumer. And because the stomach is smaller, the hormones associated with the stomach are also affected, making you feel less hungry and more satisfied when you eat. They also appear to help control blood sugar levels. Research has shown that it can be effective in improving type 2 diabetes.